Wednesday, May 11, 2011

That's what Aunts are for ;)

Hey friends,

My 2 year old nephew, Briar is celebrating his birthday at pre-school tomorrow and my sister asked if I could help her with his birthday snack. The only issue was that it had to be allergy friendly ;) So, I pulled together a couple recipes and altered a few. I made chocolate cupcakes with vanilla butter cream frosting. All of which is dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free. Sounds like they couldn't possibly be good, but they are actually fantastic :) And I don't think the crowd full of 2 and 3 year olds will notice any difference :) I made sure to put a big helping of frosting on each one because we all know that's their favorite part!

I asked Briar what color he'd like the frosting to be on his cupcakes and he requested orange.....his current favorite color. Last week his favorite color was blue so I made little blue B's on each one. Although the other kids probably won't care, I'm sure it'll make Briar feel pretty special :) which was my main objective :)

:)

Diana

1 comment: