Sunday, December 12, 2010

Red Velvet Snowflake Cupcakes

Hey everyone,

We're having a cook-off at work on Tuesday so I signed up to make a dessert (since baking is what I do :P).

With all the snow coming down today, I was definitely feeling the Christmas spirit! Since they're so gorgeous, I decided to make Red Velvet cupcakes. Today was my first time making Red Velvet cake (in fact, I've actually only eaten it once before) and they turned out amazing. The color is beautiful and they taste even better. They're topped with a cream cheese frosting. Then I finished them off with a white chocolate snowflake that's sprinkled with sugar crystal sprinkles. They look so pretty with the light reflecting off of them!!! Perfect for the season!

I'm sure there will be more Christmas cupcakes to come :)

Until then,

Diana


1 comment:

  1. P.S. The red velvet cupcakes were a hit at the cook-off. Lots of compliments and even got the most votes in the desserts category :)

    ReplyDelete